---------------------------- -----------------------------------------------

Friday, June 22, 2007

Blog hack shout outs

I keep posting boring updates to get y'alls opinion about things. I figured I would keep a running post of the changes I make to the blog and where I steal the hacks from, both as a shout out to the folks who wrote the hack, and so interested people can track back.

First, props to the following blogs:

Hoctro's Place
Beautiful Beta
Hackosphere
Tips for New Bloggers
Singpolyma Technical Blog



Hacks I've used:
For the three column template, I mostly copied this hack from Tips for New Bloggers. They also have a handy html color chart.

Probably my favorite hack is the "Expandable posts with peekaboo view" by Ramani at Hackosphere and Hans at Beautiful Beta. The recent comments widget and recent posts widget were stolen from Beautiful Beta as well, as was the cool social bookmarking toolbar

Beautiful Beta also fixed the commenting problem (the really irritating, grammatical nightmare of "1 comments"). Additionally, I stole the drop cap and the pullquote from him (and then an additional style tip from BlogU).

The cool hack for peekaboo comments came from Singpolyma

If we ever have expand/collapse link lists, The code for the expand/collapse link lists are from here, so here's a pre-emptive shout-out.

We now have tabs for each author and their posts, thanks to Hoctro! This is simply amazing. I love it. We also got the "contents by category" stuff from him.

The Blog Calendar is from Phydeaux3 - you can get it here!

0 comments: